Monday, March 28, 2011

Brothers



Brothers. Yep. I finally have some. Brother-in-laws that is. And they are pretty great. I got to spend some time at home two weeks ago, and one of my favorite things was hanging out with my brothers.

The coolest thing is seeing who the Lord picked out for my sisters to have as spouses. Its funny how the idea of who we think would be ideal never is. Rich and Bryan are great, and Im so glad that they are in our family.

Rich and Kelly went to high school together. I always remember Rich being around. (and he had alot more hair in high school ps.) Kelly and Rich were really good friends in high school and remained close friends in college. It wasn't until years after college when something started changing. I lived with Kelly the summer they began dating and tried to keep it as a secret. (that was fun)

Rich is always cooking, always up for new things. It's been so fun to watch Rich become a dad this past year (which he is fantastic at by the way) I love the way he cares for my sister, and love the way that he embraces our family, and is willing to have hard conversations when he needs to. His faith is something that he desires to share with people around him. He is refreshing to be around.
Kristen and Bryan also went to high school together, and sort of ran in the same crowd, but not really. They were reconnected at their 5 year high school reunion (can you say booze cruise in the inner harbor?)
They have been married for 6 months now, and they are such a good fit for each other. Bryan adores my sister and loves her well. I have loved watching Bryan grow in his relationship with the Lord over the past several years and love watching Kris and Bry do life together- and minister to so many people around them.

My bro-in laws are fun, love the Lord and love my sisters well.

Having such a great family that lives far away is hard. I have absolute peace that for this time, I am supposed to be here in Dallas, but sometimes its just hard. Wish I could be with my family doing everyday life together. But for now, I will cherish the times we get to be together.

No comments:

Post a Comment