Wednesday, November 10, 2010

AHA!

Last week I had an epiphany. And since then I have been in the best mood...hoping that it lasts because I feel like Ive been in a funk for a few months.

According to wikipedia: Epiphany (feeling), a sudden realization of great truth

What brought on all of this? I think a few things....

At our regional staff meeting last week, Nick (our regional director) asked us to split into groups for lunch and talk about life/pray with one another. To be honest, I was quite annoyed because I just wanted to eat and joke around with our regional staff who I never see...So I begrudgingly found a group, and people went around the circle sharing.

The first gal shared that she is new on staff, and right out of college, which is hard. Getting adjusted to life in the real world, and finding community are tough! Another gal shared she was newly pregnant and trying to figure out what that would look like doing ministry, and juggling a baby, husband and job. Another woman shared about trying to sell her house, and raising teenagers...

And then, it happened....the AHA moment in my brain.

It's amazing how much I needed to hear that every stage has its issues and problems. I mean, I knew that, but I think for the first time it clicked in my brain...and for some reason that has given me so much peace. That aha moment gave me permission to enjoy where I am! I think sometimes when we can idealize what we don't have and make it seem all roses and butterflies.

I want to not only be content in this stage of life I am, but find JOY in it! Rejoice in the things I get to do being a single gal in full time ministry. I can fly to denver for the weekend, I can go camping with high school kids, I can run program at wyldlife club at 1am. I have some kick ass friends and community here.I am SO blessed.

SO, here is me, rejoicing in where I am, and where the Lord has me right now. Can't say that I won't have my down days...but its my prayer that I make the choice everyday to find joy in what I get to do and where I am.


No comments:

Post a Comment