Thursday, November 18, 2010

Some thursday night ramblings...

1. I love thanksgiving. like LOVE it. Probably my most favorite holiday. Don't get me wrong, I love christmas just as much as the rest of them, but there is something super special about Thanksgiving. I love the food (duh, have you met me?) But what i love most is the whole thinking about what we are thankful for....because I have a whole lot to be thankful for in my life! Thank You Jesus!

2. Last night I had a sleepover in Denton to visit with my friend Cat, who is on Young Life staff there. We made dinner and drinks, and had a blast catching up on life! When it came time for bed, Cat, Jess (Cat's roommate) and I all slept in the same room. Yes, we are 29, 30 and 33- and we still love sleepovers. So fun.
Sidenote: Denton has random fields with cows in it....where am i?? ha.

3. We have yet to turn the heat on in my house...I know this will change tonight, as the low for this evening is 39. But I will go to bed without turning the heat on. Why? Well...A.) Because im cheap and heat costs money and 2.) I like sleeping snuggled up in lots of blankets and it being really cold.
My parents used to turn the heat off at night growing up (see reason A) and so i naturally have gotten used to sleeping in the cold. In fact, I sleep super when its cold. (I didnt sleep very well all summer bc we kept the ac on 78...again, see reason A)
I have two roommates from Texas, so Ashlee was already saying how cold she was tonight when it was 71 in the house....its gonna be a long winter :) and reason number 3 for not turning the heat on: Its Texas...it will be 40 degrees one day and 90 the next....no need to turn the heat on just for the day! Ohhh Ohhh I also cant wait to try out my fireplace!

(ps. im betting money that ashlee wakes up in the middle of the night and turns the heat on)

4. Christmas music before thanksgiving is unacceptable. I cringe when I hear it before "its time" I cannot change the radio station fast enough. And yesterday I left hobby lobby without buying anything cause I just couldnt do it.

5. Im officially a seminary student....Dallas Theological Seminary accepted me this week!

Thats all I got. Happy Friday people!




No comments:

Post a Comment