Saturday, October 16, 2010

Letter to my niece




Today my beautiful niece is being dedicated at my home church in Baltimore. I wish more than anything that I could be there. This letter is for her.

Dear Mia Brooke,

Today, your mommy and daddy will stand up in front of their family and friends and commit you and your life to the Lord. They will promise to raise you in a home that puts God first and that honors Christ above all.I hope you know what an awesome thing this is...

Did you know that you are Kelly and Rich's daughter but you are also a daughter of a King? One who saw your body form in mom's belly. One who knows all the hairs on your head. One who knows what life holds for you.

You have so many things going for you my dear girl- you are adorable, you are very smart already, you have a mom and dad who love you and care for you well, but above all that, you have a Heavenly Daddy!!!

You are so very loved my sweet girl. I promise to pray for you, to tell you about the Lord and to help you grow and walk in His love for you.

Its my prayer that as you grow up learning about God's love, you will one day stand up on your own and ask Him into your heart. We all have so many hopes and dreams for you, and we know you will do many great things. Accepting the Lord into your heart will be the greatest!

May the Lord protect and guide you little one.

I know you won't remember this day, but we will.

all my love,
Aunt Kate





No comments:

Post a Comment