Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Holy Spirit Come...


"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God." 1 Corinthians 1:18 NIV

Or The Message version:

"The Message that points to Christ on the Cross seems like sheer silliness to those hellbent on destruction, but for those on the way of salvation it makes perfect sense. This is the way God works, and most powerfully as it turns out."

So far this semester, this verse has been constantly on my mind...as I struggle with kids who don't get it, don't want to get it and don't care. Sometimes it makes me want to quit. These days I am holding onto the Lord tightly, praying that HIS Holy Spirit would come. That he would take OLD and make it NEW in the lives of my high school friends. There is nothing that I can do, only Christ and his power!

Thank You Jesus for your timing. Even though i don't like it sometimes :)

No comments:

Post a Comment