Monday, August 15, 2011

Early morning Monday thoughts.


So this morning, I woke up at 3:23 and couldn't fall back asleep. If you know me, you know that I am a good sleeper. I typically fall asleep within ten minutes of laying down and sleep well. Also, I need sleep to function, like eight hours. No, seriously. I get cranky.

So, this morning at 3:23, i lay staring at the ceiling wondering why I am awake. After a good hour and a half of attempting to go back to sleep, i just decided to get up. I naturally cleaned up the kitchen- washing dishes, etc. I also made some delicious (if i might say so myself) banana nut muffins.

I then found myself on the couch with my bible and journal. I started reading Psalm 62. When I got to verse 5. I knew why I was awake so early.

Find rest, O my soul, in God alone;
my hope comes from him.

You see, Ive spent the last week searching for rest and hope in things apart from Jesus. This morning was His reminder that REST and HOPE come only from Him. Only He can bring me those things- not the people and things in this world.

The next few verses are pretty awesome too.

He alone is my rock and my salvation; he is my fortress, I will not be shaken.
My salvation and my honor depend on God; he is my mighty rock, my refuge.
Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

So, being up at 330am isnt what I had in mind, but I'm so thankful for God's sweet reminder in a time when I really needed it. And i got to see a pretty awesome sunrise too.

Happy Monday people!





No comments:

Post a Comment