Friday, May 6, 2011

Assignment.

When you are on Young Life staff, you get the privilege of doing an "assignment" every summer. An assignment is getting to serve at a Young Life camp for a month in the summer. It is basically one of my most favorite things about being on staff...to go out into God's beautiful creation, stay at an awesome Young Life camp, live in community. Work alongside of people and serve the Lord.

Ive had an assignment for the past four years....and this feeling I have right now happens every year.

I get really close to leaving for a month- and I start to freak out. I get overwhelmed by all that I need to do here and relationships Ive built here. I think, "life would be alot easier if I didnt have to peace out for a month"

But i need to remember that the Lord uses my assignment every year as a sweet sweet time to remind me of my calling, draw me near to him, and get me out of my busy do-do-do attitude.

As soon as I get to camp, the Lord allows me to fully be there- investing/building new relationships there, sitting in quiet times with Him, serving, laughing, growing. Assignments truly are one of my most favorite things about being on young life staff. A front row seat at a beautiful place to watch high school kids experience the love of Christ.
All I have to do is get there and I'll be ok....

This year I will be working for a month at Crooked Creek Ranch- a YL camp in Colorado.

Im praying that my month in Fraser, Colorado will be a growing/learning/fantastic time of loving others well. Lord be there.

Im leaving on tuesday- road trippin' it out there with some college girls who will be doing summer staff. Hope to keep the blog updated on how the Lord is working and moving this month.

Go Jesus. Colorado or bust.

No comments:

Post a Comment