Monday, January 3, 2011

$940

At the end of our last club, my leaders pulled me aside and circled up around me. They were all smiling quite goofily (is that a word?) as they presented me with a card. Inside the card, along with nice notes from each of them, as a check for $940. I dumbfoundedly looked at all of them with my mouth wide open and they just laughed and smiled back at me.

They said that they had all talked and decided that they wanted to get me something for christmas, but they werent sure what. They said that they knew I have made sacrifices and really wanted to give me a gift...I could not get over it. My leaders, who my ministry wouldnt exist without, giving me money from their own pockets....

Well I immediately said: "This could pay for like 1 1/2 kids to go to camp!" They said, no, this has to be spent on You. More importantly, it must be spent on something I would never ever buy myself....a splurge if you will... (it also warms my heart to know how well my team knows me- that they were specific about how I spent it) It couldnt be spent on bills, my morgage, going into savings...

I have a friend who has a really good camera and I have been thinking about it for several months, but it was on my list of things I would buy if I ever won the lottery. I just couldnt justify in my head ever buying a camera that nice for myself...

So after two weeks of freaking out about this money, I bought myself a really nice camera. A canon rebel. (and of course i researched a found a great deal at Sam's, including a bag, 2 lenses and a card) and of course I was freaking out when I bought it, even though i paid cash.

I still cant get over it. Honestly. What a fun blessing. And my camera is something that I will use for years to come to capture many memories of family, friends and YL kids. I cant wait to learn more about it. I took my camera home to Baltimore with me, and was able to capture so many sweet christmas memories. It warms my heart that my team of leaders would do something like that for me. I feel so loved and cared for by them.

Just another way that God daily choses to bless me here in Dallas.

Some pics from the new camera (i am still learning !) And if you are good with cameras and reading this blog and ever want to give me a lesson, im all ears :)




my whole family!

my adorably cute niece, Mia

biggest brown eyes ever

day trip to NYC...central park







1 comment: